Saturday 11 January 2020

Sex And The City

"I don't know why people think it's hell, but trust me, darlings, it's heaven. Absolutely heaven," Stanley wrote in our group chat titled Just the Boys.

As expected, Carl our dense friend replied with a series of question marks, a true reflection of his state of mind on most days.

Stanley our sex bunny friend had recently taken a short, solo break and our adventurous member opted for Hong Kong.

A city which some think is going down.

Stanley agrees partially.

Only some in the city should be going down.

And on me, he wrote in our group chat, his text emitting lust.

I think the world has its focus on all the wrong places, Stanley argued.

I on the other hand, have my eyes trained on all the right places, he said, posting a few photos in our group for our perusal, to prove his point.

My heart - and not to mention, a vital part of my body - are in the right places too.

Carl replied with a series of exclamation marks, followed by a series applauding-hand icons.

It's true, they're not too bad looking, Hong Kong guys.

Stanley thinks that's an understatement.

The moment he touched down in Hong Kong - and despite the uneasy tension and ongoing chaos - Stanley was immediately excited..

Choosing to see the brighter side of things, our fey friend took on the liberty to fill our group chat with Hong Kong fun facts, fun being the operative word.

He also gave us details - at times, way too many details - about the city's fine young men.

First of all, Stanley began, 80 per cent of Hong Kong men are good looking.

They're all well groomed whether dressed or undressed - trust me, I personally fact-checked, he said.

Everyone - from the well-dressed executive in Central, to sweaty, delivery men in Wan Chai - is super attractive.

"And, there is no apocalypse happening in Hong Kong," Stanley stressed.

"All those videos you see on the news - it's all fake!" Stanley proclaimed.

"I have been walking around Hong Kong for the last two days and so far, nobody has come up to rape me," Stanley said, sounding a tad too disappointed.

Hong Kong is nothing of that sort, said Stanley, newly-minted Hong Kong Tourism Board Ambassador.

"If what you see on TV and social media are anything to go by, you would expect to see hordes of fit policemen running towards me or large groups of handsome youths hurling petrol bombs at me, right?, Stanley said.

"But no. There are no hot policemen with pepper spray nor handsome youths waiting for me with petrol bombs when I touched down! I'm not on fire, am I?" Stanley said, sounding like he was on heat.

"Seriously... Hong Kong is normal, guys," Stanley said, begging us to believe every word of his.

For the next few days of Stanley's trip, we were given a visual treat.

Various photos were posted in our group chat, from Michelin-Star roast goose dishes and red wine glass with a book, to the city skyline as well as random photos of Hong Kong men.

"And even though I was caught up in a protest, I didn't feel unsafe at all," Stanley pointed out.

Of course, Stan dear. Hong Kong men are the ones who ought to feel unsafe with you around was my inner thought, which I wisely kept to myself.

"I mean, guys, I was smack in the middle of the action," Stanley wrote the other day.

"You'll have to be more specific, Stan. With you, that can mean many things," I replied.

"Protests!" Stanley responded on cue, his inanimate WhatsApp text unwilling to reveal if he was fearful or excited.

And then he posted a barrage of photos and a video showing groups of riot policemen on one side of the road, and a group of black-clad protesters on the other side.

Carl was alarmed.

"Run for your life!!!" Carl wrote.

"To whom is the message meant for, Carl?" Stanley replied, before adding a gif of an Italian-looking man smiling suggestively.

"Relax dear...." Stanley wrote.

"I came here because I specifically asked the hotel staff where certain planned protests were so that I could see them for myself - don't worry, I have an N95 mask!" Stanley said.

"Why would you do that?!" Carl wrote, and posted a gif of Barack Obama raising both his hands quizzically.

"Wow, you know him. Good job," Stanley said, impressed that Carl our dense friend, who has trouble naming all seven continents in the world, would choose such a gif.

"Yah, he's a popular actor," Carl wrote with a smiley-face icon, pleased with himself.

Carl had unknowingly raised Stanley up and thrown him down hard all too quickly - a feat only some of Stanley's one-night-stand partners had achieved.

Not wanting to be distracted, Stanley continued.

I feel very safe - like a fly on the wall, quietly watching the action between fit, hot policemen and hot-blooded youths, Stanley said, not minding at all that he's sounding like a pervert.

One of Stanley's main aims for his short, solo trip was to spend some time away from Singapore, to get away from all the stress.

Another was to make full use of the cheap hotel fares in Hong Kong.

And as a bonus, Stanley wants to be in the thick of the action to watch history unfold.

Turns out, our Sex bunny friend got what he wanted, given that not only did he watch the unfolding, he was also actively involved in some unfolding activities.

Soon, it was time for Stanley to leave the beloved city of Hong Kong.

As Stanley boarded the plane to return to Singapore, he wrote in the group chat.

"Dear God, I have always wanted to use protection amid a crowd of hot-blooded young men and I should have been more specific.

"And dear God, I had always wished for action involving hordes of hot, fit men in uniform taking out their little weapons and spraying substance all over the place, and God, again I should have been more specific."



---------------------------
Adam's stories are based on real life events and inspired by real people 

No comments:

Post a Comment